This is my go-to salad recipe for the fall & winter. It includes nutricious leafy greens & has the warm, sweet & savory flavor from the squash & toasted seeds.
*Please keep in mind* If you decide to use kale or other dark leafy green - make sure you massage it to make it easier to digest!
Autumn Harvest Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- Choose your greens - Spinach, Arugula, Kale, etc.
- Apples, diced (optional to cook them too)
- Pecans, toasted
- Pepitas, toasted
- Dried Cranberries
- Butternut squash, roasted
For the Dijon Vinaigrette dressing:
- Olive oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Onion powder
- Salt & pepper
1. Chop ingredients.
2. Roast butternut squash with olive oil, italian seasoning, garlic powder & salt & pepper to taste. 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
3. Toast seeds - combine seeds, olive oil, honey & salt, then bake in oven for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
5. Massage kale with salt (if using).
6. Combine all ingredients together & serve.
Hi I'm Jessi,
I’m a Holistic Fitness Trainer for go-getters who struggle to check the fitness box in a way that keeps them pain-free & motivated.
My goal is to provide simple & effective strategies to help you adopt healthier lifestyle choices. From workouts to recipes to meditation & self-care, I believe all fitness plans should involve practices that exercise your body, mind & soul.
My coaching style focuses on strong foundations of body awareness & stabilization. I combine techniques from Yoga, Pilates, Strength Training, Massage Therapy & Mindfulness to craft well thought out & customized training plans to support all clients. To read more about my certifications, click here.